Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lomo store, Lisbon

When I bought an SLR camera I thought it would make me look cool and give me cred and not-- as I realised upon arrival in the tourist trough of Paris--like only one of many turbo idiots who don't know how to use their expensive equipment.

So it was with great anxiety that I approached this babe who, by virtue of working at a fashion camera store, is an expert at smelling camera related fronting. Then the pictures kept coming out blurry and dark and crappy and I had surpassed the appropriate length of a stranger taking your picture photo shoot so I broke down and asked him why it wasn't working:

Me: (in an approximation of portuguese): this is not photo working! why for bad photo?!?
Cuteboy: (in perfect english) yeah, your hand is covering the flash.

GAH! Why I am not learning play it cool?

3 comments:

Geneviève et Steve said...

i like cute boys with cameras. but only if they're not pretentious assholes.

cuteboysmakemenervous said...

i like pretentious assholes! soo mean to me!

but this boy was pretty nice, he's laughing at me yes...but in a "you loveable rube" sort of way

Mickey said...

Do you know where can I buy the LOMO?
In San Diego!
thankS!!!