Monday, December 15, 2008

James, Toronto


James has discovered the trick for making himself cuter in his facebook pictures: put a cute inanimate object in your picture and pretend it is alive...zany! Then people can't help but see you as good old sock puppet James, or old paint-canny Ned.

It's weird though because moms carrying their babies don't get any cuter just because they are holding a cute thing. If anything they look dowdier, like they have had all the youth\cute sucked out of them and it is now wholly contained in this cute little ball that you can't stop staring and making ;0 faces at. And then once in a while you try to awkwardly smile at the mom as if to say "precious...just precious...congratulations. the miracle of life." and then both of you know that you are only doing it so you can look at the baby more. And eventually you have to stop looking at the baby because it becomes awkward even though you know it only stopped crying because of you and your funny faces and that it should be YOUR BABY. I mean what...nothing. Whoo single ladies! Am I right?

5 comments:

Steve said...

CBMMN I love you! I want you to be the mother of my children. I am not saying this in a weird/scary way. I just think you are the greatest writer that ever lived.

NimoAM said...

love the dingo stole my baby-esque rant! haha

Unfortunate Names said...

where exactly is that puppet attached?

Laurie Luxe said...

i love you too cbmmn

Sofa Burbank said...

This is defiantly a man with humor.